Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Shake, rattle, & roll

5.8 on the Richter Scale. Just experienced my first earthquake. It was centered in Virginia and was felt from Rhode Island to North Carolina. I was sitting at work and felt the shake and watched as the walls moved back and forth. At first I thought the office upstairs was moving furniture. Everyone just looked at each other wondering what was going on and contemplating whether or not to high tail it outside. A very weird sensation to say the least and as far as I'm concerned not as scary as expected. Brian is in Boston right now and luckily after 4 failed attempts at calling him we finally got to talk...he is safe and he didn't feel a thing.
Cole had an A+ checkup today. He is 15lb 15oz and 24 3/4 inches long. He drank 1 vaccine so fast that the nurse said it was probably the world record. He had 2 more shots in the leg, took them both like a man, and barely cried! We also got the thumbs up to start giving him cereal, fruits, and veggies. My only concern about no rolls yet(other than the ones on his legs, arms, and belly) quickly faded when the Dr. said he was perfect and growing right on track. I couldn't be more proud and if I could I would give him a little babe high five. Since I can't I'll just resort to a million kisses and hugs!  Next visit is in 2 months when he'll be 6 months...1/2 a year...slow down love.





No comments:

Post a Comment