Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fun times at the Jersey Shore


We packed our bags and headed down to Ocean City, New Jersey this past weekend. Brian hadn't been all summer and the last time I was here was about 5 weeks ago when I took the boys by myself. 
A beach day isn't the same as it used to be. The old days went something like this...tan, read, sleep, ocean, and repeat. Everything I needed for the day fit perfectly in a small canvas bag. Now they revolve around sunscreen, trips to the ice cream man, sandcastles, swimming, more sunscreen, and failed attempts at mom trying to stay sand free. 
I've been going to Ocean City since I was a baby making that 29 years of sandy feet, boardwalk fun, and wild sea hair. One of my favorite sayings is as follows:



So true. We started the day on the boardwalk. There is no other place like it. The wooden planks stretch for miles, lined with t-shirt shacks, mini-golf, food, go carts, rides, waterslides, surf shops, and even a movie theater. I don't know if these places are so great for the fact that you can only get these summertime favorites here or for the simple reason they are just that good. Maybe both...



Some must eats. I highly recommend you come hungry!


Mack & Manco Pizza
Johnson's Popcorn
Kohr Brother's Soft Serve
Bob's Lemonade
Curley's Fries

I love watching all my boys together...laughing, walking hand in hand, taking in the sights, sounds, and smells that is the Jersey Shore.







The rest of the day was spent at the beach. Every summer Braeden gets more adventurous and surprises us with his dare devil antics. This year he was fearless. Diving into the ocean and riding his little boogie board like a pro. He'll sit and dig and build castles. His skin gets darker and his hair gets lighter. Cole enjoyed the breeze on his skin, laying on the towel, dipping his tiny toes in the water, and smiling at all that was going on around him. Next year he'll be on the move and getting his first real taste of sand. It makes me so happy to see the same joys the beach brings to my family that it has brought to me my entire life. 





No comments:

Post a Comment