Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Scrambled

I had originally planned on posting today about our fun weekend and the end of summer but due to some technical difficulties with my camera I'm going a different route. Today is going to be another food post. Remember when I posted about our little garden here? Well, we are still enjoying all the goodies that are surprisingly continuing to grow. The diet plan I am following calls for a lot of protein and generous amounts of veggies so I figured I'd share one of the dishes that I've been eating a lot of lately. Scrambled egg whites with garden veggies. For this I just crack a few eggs and separate the whites from the yolk.
I chop up as many veggies as I can find. This time I used tomato and green pepper from my garden, onion and spinach. I sprayed the pan with some olive oil and saute them for a bit.

Once the vegetables are soft I add the egg, scramble away, and done. I paired it with some sliced avocado, and topped it with some cracked black pepper. 
Easy peasy and great at any time. Hopefully in a few days everything should be squared away with the camera and I'll be able to share with you a fun couple days of exciting trips, friends, family, and end of summer fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment