Thursday, November 1, 2012

Picture Perfect

A few weekends ago on a beautiful October morning we had a family photo shoot. The colorful leaves and sun shining through the trees made for the perfect backdrop for our pictures. I pinned for weeks the perfect poses, shots, and coordinating outfits that I wanted our family memories to look like. I haven't seen any of the final results yet but I'm pretty sure it's safe to say we will NOT be looking like any of those happy families skipping through the meadow hand in hand. Little brother was a tough cookie that day and didn't want to cooperate in the least and the only thing big brother was interested in, was finding the playground. At first I was upset and felt like we wasted our money. But, the more I thought about it the less mad I became, and eventually started to laugh about the whole experience. What I came to realize is, we aren't the picture perfect family in the field, matching, and smiling. We are our family...The Smith's...you know the family with one kid throwing a tantrum and the other rolling around in the wet grass. The one with the husband who is gritting his teeth and smiling because he is hating every second of this but loves his wife and is trying to keep her happy. The one with the wife trying to wrangle her family into just 1 more picture because the 1000 before just weren't quite exactly what she wanted. That is us and that is what I should have expected all along. When I do finally get to see how those pictures turned out I know I am going to be so happy and no matter what they are getting hung on the walls of our home!
After the photo shoot we went home and spent the rest of the day playing in the backyard. It amazes me how the little monster that terrorized our morning turned back into his sweet, curious, fun loving self. Who knew all it took was a big pile of leaves?! 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment