Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Silver Lake


In 35 hours we drove 740 miles, traveled through 3 states, spent time with family.



We swam in the lake, played games, went to The Beach House, watched the sunset, slept.



We watched the sunrise, swam some more, caught minnows, took a ride on the boat, took lots of pictures, and said our goodbyes.





It was a fast and fantastic weekend and I'm still exhausted and still have yet to unpack. I am so happy we made the trip up to Brian's childhood vacation spot. I even learned a few things along the way. 1. I was not the only Silver Lake "newbie". 2. Brian's family had been traveling up to that same spot for over a 100 years! To be part of a century old tradition is pretty cool. 3. The "big rock" isn't that big. The boys did awesome the whole trip. Cole slept, ate, and was pretty happy the whole ride. Considering he can barely go 5 minutes in the car without screaming his head off I would call the trip a success. Braeden as always, was content watching his movies and singing along to the radio. 
We are already excited for next years trip, however we've decided we'll be staying the week instead of just a few days. To be honest I've always considered myself a beach girl but Silver Lake has me hook line and sinker. I'll call it a tie being my heart has room for both and love every minute I get to spend at either one.
I can't even describe the beauty of it all so I'll let the pictures do the talking...enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment