Monday, February 27, 2012

Mantel Makeover

When I decided to start a blog I had a few intentions which I posted here. We are a good 8 months in and I can say that yes my photo taking has gotten better, though I use that term lightly and I have definately gotten to know how to use my computer a little better. It's a work in progress as is most things in life and pretty much everything in our house.
We have been living here for almost 4 months now. That's 4 months  of unpacking, moving furniture, painting, and decorating. Our house is finally feeling like a home and I happy to finally share one of our first projects.
If you look back to this you can see the walls were a light yellow when we moved in. We painted the room a sage green and off white. All the trim and mantel are true white. The fire place is at the center of our house. Right smack dab in the middle and one of the first things you would see if you walked in. It was really important to make this the focal point of the room and showcase or family as well as keeping it natural and able to flow with the rest of the room. Overall, I am really happy how it turned out but still need to add a few pictures to the frames and a few other pieces as I find them. Here it is from start to finish:


Center picture: Raymour and Flanigan. When we bought our couches we received a $100.00 gift card and put it towards the print. It ended up costing 65 cents out of pocket. Score
Picture Frames: A few I had, other's from Etsy, and Homegood's
Vase and flowers: Both from Pottery Barn
Letter S: From craft store which I plan to jazz up a little in the near future.
Candle sticks/Candles: We've had these for years. I bought them at Target. The sticks used to be a cherry color but I spray painted them black to match everything else
Lantern: From the Yankee Candle outlet

Living Room Wall Paint: Sherwin Williams:

Trim and Mantel: Lowe's Olympic

No comments:

Post a Comment